Living with IBS – Feeling Off TrackFebruary 27, 2020
Low-FODMAP PizzaMarch 10, 2020
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 bag of small potatoes, chopped
- 1000 g ground beef
- 500 g ground pork
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 11 cups chicken stock
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 6 cups kale
- 3 pinches of red pepper flakes
- 1. Peel and chop the carrots and set aside.
- 2. Chop potatoes into quarters and add to the bowl with carrots and toss together.
- 3. Combine the ground beef and ground pork. Then add ½ the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- 4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot. Once hot add the ground meat mixture and brown the meat.
- 5. Once the meat is cooked through add the chicken stock, bay leaves, italian seasoning, carrots and potatoes to the pot.
- 6. Cook on medium to high heat and bring to a boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- 7. Stir in red pepper flakes and kale and cook until kale is wilted.
- 8. Taste and season with more salt, pepper and red pepper flakes as needed.
- 9. ENJOY!
*Keep in mind that different people will always have unique trigger foods. These products and foods have worked well for me, but they may not for everyone. Overall this is a low FODMAP recipe but playing around with portion sizes, substituting ingredients, and the amount of each ingredient can be helpful if you react to any of these foods!