Low-FODMAP Loaded Veggie & Chicken SoupOctober 22, 2020
Low-FODMAP Pork Ramen BowlNovember 15, 2020
Low-FODMAP Wild Rice, Pumpkin, & Kale Bowl
- 2.5 cups wild rice
- 3 cups low-FODMAP chicken broth
- 2.5 water
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 small sugar pumpkin
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups pecans halved
- 1/2 cup brown sugar & 2 tbsp water to roast pecans (optional)
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Drizzle of olive oil and S&P for pumpkin and chicken
- 4 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp garlic-infused oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Add the wild rice, chicken broth, dried oregano, parsley, thyme, salt, and water to a medium-sized pot. Bring the pot to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook for 40-45 mins. Rice should be tender and all water should be gone when it is done.
- 2. In the meantime preheat the oven to 350 degrees for the small sugar pumpkin and the chicken.
- 3. Clean and then cut the sugar pumpkin in half. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some salt & pepper over the inside and then place flat side down on a baking sheet. Pierce the skin of the pumpkin a few times with a knife to allow for steam to escape.
- 4. Cook the sugar pumpkin for 40- 50 minutes in the oven.
- 5. Cut up the chicken breast into small cubes and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and salt & pepper on them and toss to cover all of the chicken. Cook the chicken in the oven with the sugar pie pumpkin for about 20- 30 mins, or until fully cooked through (enough so that you can no longer see any pink).
- 6. While the rice, pumpkin, and chicken are cooking, you can lightly candy your pecans in a small pan (optional).
- 7. First add the water (2 tbsp), the brown sugar ( ½ cup), and a pinch of salt to a small pan. Cook on low to medium heat until all of the sugar has dissolved. Then add the pecans.
- 8. Stir the pecans in so they are completely covered and then cook for 3- 4 more minutes. Monitoring closely to avoid burning the pecans.
- 9. Remove the pecans from the heat and spread them out onto a piece of parchment paper to let them cool.
- 10. Next prep your kale by ripping the leaves off of the stem and into bite-size pieces and then washing and drying them in a salad spinner. When done, add them to a large bowl with the dried cranberries.
- 11. When the chicken and rice are done cooking, add them to the large bowl with the cranberries and kale as well.
- 12. Once the pumpkin is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 mins, or just enough so it is cool enough to handle.
- 13. Flip the pumpkin to expose the flat/flesh side and cut the pumpkin into small bite-size cubes and add it to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- 14. Lastly, add in your cooled pecans and stir all of the ingredients together.
- 1. In a small bowl whisk together the grainy dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic-infused oil, balsamic vinegar, and the salt & pepper to taste.
- 2. Drizzle your desired amount over your rice bowl and ENJOY!
*Keep in mind that different people will always have unique trigger foods. These products and foods have worked well for me, but they may not for everyone. Overall this is a low FODMAP recipe but playing around with portion sizes, substituting ingredients, and the amount of each ingredient can be helpful if you react to any of these foods! Also, keep in mind the concept of FODMAP stacking
. If you have a lot of foods that contain FODMAPs in one meal, even if not in high-FODMAP portions, the accumulation can lead to symptoms.
I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours as of late, yet I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It’s pretty value sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners
and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the
net will be a lot more useful than ever before.
Thanks so much for the blog post.Thanks Again. Great.
Wow, great blog article.Really thank you! Really Great.
Very neat article. Really looking forward to read more. Cool. Dorisa Gothart Rosecan
I truly love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Theresa Jerrold Cami
I seriously love your website.. Excellent colors & theme. Raye Artur Estus
Thank you so much, your lovely comment has made my day! ^__^ Phelia Natale Talanian