6 cups of gluten-free rice crispies/brown rice crispies
1 tsp vanilla extra
½ dark chocolate bar ( >70%), melted
1. In a large pot melt the butter and marshmallow fluff on medium heat.
2.Stir until smooth and then remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract..
3. Combine the marshmallow and butter mixture with the rice crispies in a large mixing bowl until completely combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to a parchment-covered cookie sheet and press down firmly and evenly. Place in the fridge for 20 mins to let cool before using the cookie cutters and covering with chocolate.
5. Fill a small saucepan with about 1 cup of water and place a heat-safe bowl on top for your double boil to melt the chocolate.
6. Heat the saucepan up on low-to-medium heat to a simmer and add the chocolate to the top bowl.
7. Continue to stir the chocolate to prevent it from burning until totally melted and then remove it from the heat.
8. Remove the rice crispies from the fridge and use the heart-shaped cookie cutters to make the heart-shaped rice crispies.
9. To add the chocolate to the rice crispies, lay half of the heart-shaped rice crispies back on the parchment paper and drizzle the chocolate on top. For the other half, coat one side of the heart with chocolate using a spatula.
10. Finally, place them back in the fridge for 20 more mins so the chocolate can harden and then they are ready to eat!
*Keep in mind that different people will always have unique trigger foods. These products and foods have worked well for me, but they may not for everyone. Overall this is a low FODMAP recipe but playing around with portion sizes, substituting ingredients, and the amount of each ingredient can be helpful if you react to any of these foods!