1 bunch of green onion or 1-2 stocks of leeks, finely chopped ( dark green parts only)
1 Tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried), minced
1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper ( or to taste)
1 large ( ~ 28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
2 cups low-FODMAP chicken stock
2/3 cup coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut the Roma tomatoes in half lengthwise & place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the garlic olive oil over them & sprinkle with salt & pepper.
3. Roast tomatoes for 1 hour & then remove from oven and set aside.
4. Heat garlic-infused olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
5. Add the chopped green onion/leeks and saute until bright green and fragrant, ~ 5 minutes.
6. Stir in thyme, salt & pepper.
7. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, & sugar to the pot. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 mins.
8. Add chicken stock and roasted tomatoes.
9. Simmer for 30 mins and occasionally stir.
10. Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup.
11.Stir in the coconut milk.
12. Season with more garlic oil, salt & pepper as needed.
*Keep in mind that different people will always have unique trigger foods. These products and foods have worked well for me, but they may not for everyone. Overall this is a low FODMAP recipe but playing around with portion sizes, substituting ingredients, and the amount of each ingredient can be helpful if you react to any of these foods!